Here are some tips for selecting schools, based on an analysis comparing each school to all others across dozens of factors:
Schools Concentrating On Sonographers
- Focus: For schools with a focus on this career area, look at LSCS, HCC, Austin Community College District, and El Paso Community College.
Fastest Response From Schools
- Request Info: For the fastest information for prospective students, look at the Spotlight schools on this page.
- Female: For schools particularly welcoming to female students, consider The Academy of Health Care Professions.
- Diverse: For a diverse student body, consider El Paso Community College, HCC, El Centro, and St Philips College.
- Adult Learners: For lots of adult learners, consider El Centro, St Philips College, and HCC.
- Out of State: For geographic diversity, take note of HCC, Austin Community College District, El Paso Community College, and Tyler Junior College.
- Dorms: For a residential campus environment, take note of Tyler Junior College and Midland College.
- Class Size: For small class sizes, look at Del Mar College and Lamar Institute of Technology.
Working as a Diagnostic Medical Sonographer in Texas
Diagnostic medical sonographers use the ultrasound machine to take images of various areas within the human body. Also known as ultrasound technicians, they are primarily responsible for using this imaging technology in the diagnosis and treatment of health problems in patients. They work together with medical practitioners in a variety of healthcare facilities. Read a detailed Diagnostic Medical Sonographer job description and schools overview.
Diagnostic medical sonographers may find helpful career advancement opportunities at Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonography.
The practices of diagnostic medical sonographers are not regulated by the State of Texas.
Online Course Finder
Find the path to your
education in 3 easy steps.